AA European Breakdown
The AA has been providing breakdown assistance in Europe for over a century, so you can rest assured that you are in experienced hands. They will allocate a dedicated, experienced case manager wherever possible who will manage your incident from start to finish to ensure that you can get back to enjoying or trip as soon as possible.
AA Full Cover is the only European Breakdown Cover to offer both accommodation and onward travel benefits at the same time!
What AA customers get…
- 24-hour English-speaking assistance if you break down abroad
- Vehicle recovery to the UK if it can’t be repaired abroad, up to the current market value of the vehicle
- Emergency European roadside assistance and repair – The AA has access to over 40,000 garage agents through the ARC network, across 42 countries
- Alternative transport (inc. public transport) costs to allow you to continue your journey or get home
- Up to £2,000 cover per trip excluding unaccompanied vehicle recovery and legal expenses
- Emergency accommodation if you have to wait for repair work to be completed
- Location of right-hand drive parts (cost of parts excluded)
- Legal protection – up to £75,000 for representation on vehicle accident claims or motoring offences (excludes fines)
- The AA’s Lyon call centre have access to mapping software which helps identify your exact location in Europe and deploy assistance more quickly
- Prioritised assistance if any member of the party is in a vulnerable situation
- The AA’s technical help desk speak to the garages on your behalf, ensuring that you will only pay for the repairs you need
- There are no excesses on AA European Breakdown Cover policies